Lowcountry Local First presents:
Storms & Flooding: Is Your Business Prepared?
a Good Business Workshop
Wed, Jun 5, 2019 from 5:30pm - 7pm
Join us for our second Good Business Workshop of 2019, an interactive event focused on helping you as a business owner or leader best prepare for the upcoming hurricane season and potential flood events throughout the year. Often times, the decisions that need to be made surrounding these events are last-minute, hurried and stressful.
This interactive workshop will feature a hurricane tabletop exercise that will allow you to get ahead of the storm and learn from the pros in various areas of expertise. Come put your plans to the test and learn where you can improve your preparedness for this hurricane season. Topics covered will include:
- Key aspects of a Business Continuity Plan
- Decision-making on disaster declaration, evacuation, and re-entry by governmental entities
- Employee policies and other HR considerations
- Physical property/assets protection
- Financial/operational considerations
- Communicating with your important external audiences
Attendees will receive a business preparedness toolkit to help you continue these important conversations after the event. (Provided by LLF)